Monday, January 28, 2013

The Honeymoon Is Over

So today I weighed in again.

I gained.

So now I'm only 8.3 lbs down.

What caused this?

Several things:

I went on vacation. Which apparently means I can take a vacation from paying attention to what I shove in my face. I was surrounded by good food in Dallas and I didn't put any limits on myself. This is definitely a no-no. Good Indian and pad thai is no excuse! My life and long term happiness is more important than curry and noodles.

I didn't track on Weight watchers, even when we got back from Dallas. Tracking has always been successful for me so I don't know why I fell back into the habit of not doing it. Probalby so I could continue my path of not being conscious and aware of what I was eating.

We went out to dinner 3 times last week when we got back from Dallas. I only made smart choices the 3rd of those nights and even then I know I could have done better. Restaurants are not my friend! Too many temptations.

No exercise. A couple of kids trying to run away at work made me run a few times but other than that I didn't do jack.

Too much chocolate. I can't go to Target and buy Godiva chocolate just because it's on sale. That is not a legit justification! 

Today I tracked EVERYTHING. I ate doritos and should have had my roast chicken without the skin, but at least I'm holding myself accountable.

Onto week 4!

2 comments:

  1. Don't let yourself get too down! Going out to eat is tough because it is so easy to make a bad choices. One way to cut down when you go out is to share. Paul and you could both get a side salad and split a main course. That way you eat half as much and it really is plenty of food. Portions are ridiculous in the states. Eating half is much is half the calories! And best part: you still get to enjoy a nice meal out with your man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh eating out is the WORST for me, which is why I just don't do it unless there is an occasion to (like birthdays, anniversaries). SJ offered some really good ideas, sharing food when you go out would def. save money AND calories.

    ReplyDelete