Monday, September 24, 2012

Thursday - Sunday Eats

Thursday Breakfast: 


A long day of work meant a stop at Starbucks. I wolfed down this oatmeal (mixed with dried fruit, nuts, and brown sugar) and tall salted caramel mocha at my desk before I got down to business. 
Thursday Lunch: 

Our building had a fundraiser where I purchased 2 soft shell chicken tacos for lunch. Tortillas, pulled chicken, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese. 

 Thursday Dinner: 
 

This was awesome! I bought a new product from the grocery store called Lemongrass Green Curry Sauce made by Campbell's. It made dinner so easy. I cut up some leeks, bell pepper, and chicken; added sugar snap peas and the sauce; and let it all cook together. With some basmati rice it was so tasty. Will definitely be buying this again.

Friday Breakfast: 


Peanut butter and jelly toast! Locally made strawberry jam purchased from the farmer's market. 

Friday Lunch:


Can't get more exciting than another frozen meal for lunch! This one is pretty good when the veggies are mixed into the pasta. Otherwise they are too bland. Roasted Chicken and Bow-tie Pasta with a Vegetable Medley from Stouffer's.

Friday Dinner: 



We went out for dinner Friday night to one of our favorite places in the Coeur d'Alene/Hayden area called The Porch. We didn't go out to eat until late so by the time we got there I was STARVING. We got the half order of garlic and onion cheese bread as an appetizer and then for my entree I got my favorite: Black bean burger with a mango spinach salad on the side. So awesome. This would probably be my last meal if I was on death row. Bloody mary on the side, of course!

Saturday Breakfast: 

 
This may look familiar from last week: Turkey, egg, and cheese on a jalapeno bagel.

Saturday Lunch: 


I was supposed to make these Friday night but since we went out instead, I made them for lunch the next day. Shrimp stuffed shells from Cooking Light. Quite time consuming but so worth it. With caprese salad on the side.

Saturday Snacks: 


These new Dill Pickle Tim's chips are so insanely addicting. I ate 2/3rds of the bag over the weekend. Those of you in North Dakota probably don't think having Dill Pickle chips available is such a big deal but here in Idaho we didn't have them until now! So I had to indulge.


I also needed to use up this strawberry frosting so naturally I made cupcakes using this recipe.
Aren't they pretty?!


Due to some stressful situations and my poor will power I had like four over the course of the day.  :(

Saturday Dinner:

Because of all the cupcakes I had a small dinner of a side portion of orange chicken and veggie spring rolls from Panda Express. It was small but so good. And cost $2. Win!
Sunday:



Sunday was a day filled with errand running and time wasting by playing Lord of the Rings Online (nerd alert) so I kinda dropped the ball with taking pictures. These are the ones I did take. Paul wanted to go out for breakfast so we went to IHOP where I got the chicken fajita omelet and an iced coffee. The omelet came with pancakes, I had one and gave Paul the other two and ate about 3/4 of the omelet. Lunch was left over stuffed shells, snack was raspberries and cupcakes, and dinner was more orange chicken from Panda Express. We didn't want to cook and it was so good from the night before so we went back. From that dinner I'm sure I hit my sodium limit for the week.

So that concludes week one. This next week I'm going to try to be better about taking pictures of all food, not just when it's convenient. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely eat better than I do! But then, I don't do much cooking. The shrimp stuffed shells sound and look yummy! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete